2015-2016 Salaries and Benefits
PGY1: receives 15 days paid PTO each year.
PGY2: receives 15 days paid PTO and 5 days of conference leave.
PGY3: receives 15 days paid PTO and 5 days of conference leave.
NOTE: Under the American Board of Family Medicine guidelines ……….
Vacation, Illness, and Other Short-Term Absences
Residents are expected to perform their duties as resident physicians for a minimum period of eleven months each calendar year. Therefore, absence from the program for vacation, illness (to include pregnancy), personal business, leave, etc., must not exceed a combined total of one (1) month per academic year.
Vacation periods may not accumulate from one year to another. Annual vacations must be taken in the year of service for which the vacation is granted. No two vacation periods may be concurrent and a resident does not have the option of reducing the total time required for residency (36 calendar months) by relinquishing vacation time.
Absence from the residency in excess of one month within the academic year must be made up before the resident advances to the next training level and the time must be added to the projected date of completing of the required 36 months of training. In order to sit for the Boards in July/August, you must graduate by June 30th, otherwise you must wait to sit for the boards in December. For more information, please go the ABFM website at http://www.theabfm.org.
1. A call room is available for each service.
2. Malpractice Insurance is paid for by Riverside Regional Medical Center.
3. Free Disability Insurance after one year of full time employment and 90 days of disability.
4. Health Insurance for the Resident (activates date of employment if paperwork is turned in during that month, or before).
5. $1,000.00 relocation stipend. Subject to IRS rules.
6. $2,500.00 Residents Fund (to help finance education activities):
- $500 is available during the first year
- $2,000 is available during the second year and third year
7. The hospital pays:
- USMLE or COMLEX (Step III)
- Initial fee for permanent Virginia Medical License
- ABFM or AOA Certification Exam
- Lab Coat allowance